- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chips
- 1/4 cup jarred salted caramel sauce
- Top with: chocolate syrup, additional caramel syrup, sea salt, and vanilla ice cream
How to Make It
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Melt butter in a heated 8-inch cast iron skillet. Whisk in sugars and vanilla. Allow pan to cool about 5 minutes.
Carefully whisk eggs into the sugar mixture.
In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and oats. Add the dry mixture to the skillet until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Drizzle 1/4 cup of the caramel over the dough.
Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until beginning to turn golden on top and around the edges but still soft in the center. Don’t overbake. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
Drizzle with chocolate syrup and caramel syrup and lightly sprinkle with sea salt. Top with scoops of vanilla ice cream and serve immediately.