Five Wine Tips for Dummies… like myself
1. When you have a freshly poured glass of wine in front of you don’t start swirling a swishing it around. Let it sit for a second then take a little whiff around the middle of the glass. Swirl it a bit and smell again. The aromas are completely different. It’s quite unique.
2. Try to nibble on a little bite of cracker or sip some
water in between the different wine selections. This will help cleanse your palate
so you can fully enjoy the next wine.
3. Open a bottle of wine at least 30 minutes before you serve to guests. This will give it a little time to breath.
4. Unless you have a wine refrigerator storing wine in the kitchen is a big “no no.” All the energy and temperature fluctuation can ruin a good bottle. Look for a closet in the middle of your house.
5. If you open a bottle of red and the smell doesn’t match the taste then it’s bad. But don’t just throw it out make red wine vinegar!