With New Year resolutions slowly fading, you're probably ready to put down the rice cake and pick up that slice of cake you've been longing for. And if you missed National Chocolate Cake Day last week, it's never too late to celebrate (because who are we kidding? We think everyday should be a National holiday honoring chocolate cake). Because behind every great well-balanced diet, is a great cheat meal.
Since we're still feeling the chill of winter, February is our favorite month to indulge in a big bowl of comfort. Foodies everywhere are rejoicing this leap year to eat up one extra day of this comfort food-filled month. To kick things off, we give you 7 mouth-watering, show-stopping, one-dish dining, comfort classics. Enjoy!
- King Ranch Chicken Mac and Cheese: This skillet mac is the true definition of indulgence. Inspired from our King Ranch Chicken Casserole, magic is made when it combines forces with ooey, gooey macaroni and cheese.
- Chicken and Vegetable Pot Pie: Homestyle pot pie is on the top of our quintessential comfort food list. This savory pie and comfort go together like peas and carrots.
- Creamy Tuna Noodle Casserole with Peas and Breadcrumbs: This quick and cozy Tuna Noodle skillet gets an A+ on the comfort scale.
- Mandy's Easy Cheesy Chicken Casserole: With a name like easy and cheesy, there's no doubt this casserole will be an instant comforting classic. Thanks, Mandy!
- Easy Slow-Cooker Jambalaya: Mardi Gras is just around the corner, and this creole classic is our all-time favorite bayou comfort cuisines. So bring on the slow-cooker and let the good times roll.
- One-Dish Blackberry French Toast: There's always room for seconds with this sweet blackberry french toast. Start your day off right with a hearty, comforting breakfast bake.
- Chicken and Brisket Brunswick Stew: You know the expression, two is better than one? That is most definitely true for this Brunswick stew. It's so good, you just might wish for cold weather year-round.
Did you dig these one-dish dinners? Leave us a comment and let us know, we'd love to hear from you! For more great recipes, like us on Facebook. See you there!