Weeknight Meal Planner: Holiday Meals
Food is a central part of any holiday celebration. We've put together five meals that will add a little cheer and a lot of ease to your weeknight meals during the holidays.
- 1Black Friday BreakfastIf you love to kick off the Christmas season with 5 am runs to Best Buy and Wal-Mart the day after Thanksgiving, be sure to fuel up first with a hearty breakfast.
- 2Tree Trimming SupperFuel little (and big) hands for hanging ornaments, tossing tinsel, and stringing lights with this hearty Mexican-inspired casserole. It features favorite Mexican flavors like chiles, cumin, coriander, and of course–lots of cheese!
- 3Casual Open HouseSkip the fancy cocktail and appetizer party plans and invite friends over to enjoy a steaming hot bowl of chili with all the fixin's. This classic chili simmers in the slow cooker and makes entertaining during the busy holiday season oh so easy.
- 4Cozy Christmas EveKeep Christmas Eve dinner super-simple with this easy and elegant roast chicken.
- 5New Year's EveSoutherners believe that eating black-eyed peas brings good luck in the new year; spice up those humble peas with spicy andouillle sausage for a satisfying one-dish meal.
SThe perfect end to any holiday meal, this cheesecake is sure to be a family favorite.