Weeknight Meal Planner: Week of May 12th
We've served up 5 quick and delicious weeknight meals, complete with side suggestions and a special weekly bonus recipe.
- 1This vegetable lasagna showcases a plethora of fresh veggies from zucchini, to mushrooms, to red and yellow bell pepper. This recipe has you make your own marinara sauce, but feel free to substitute your favorite store-bought brand to help cut down on time. This lasagna is flavorful and a great way to sneak some veggies into your family's dinner!
- 2These Turkey Meatball Subs with be a big hit with your family. The balsamic vinegar in the sauce really adds a whole level of flavor. This recipe is great for busy weeknights, plus these subs make great leftovers!
- 3Use fresh basil and oregano from your herb garden along with sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella, and pepperoni to create a pasta salad that's full of pizza flavors. This recipe is very easy, quick to prepare, and your kids and family will love it!
- 4Salty cheese, tomatoes, and basil make this a savory pizza worthy of sharing. The phyllo dough makes the recipe quick and easy to prepare. Feel free to coat the dough with olive oil instead of cooking spray, and add whatever toppings you want!
- 5This is a great, mostly make-ahead party dish! The chicken simmers ahead of time so that all it needs is a few minutes on the grill. Squeeze the soft, juicy grilled lemons over the meat, or cut the lemons into pieces to eat skin and all.
SOn a hot day, it's hard to beat a tall glass of slushy frozen lemonade. Blend sliced lemon, superfine sugar, water, and lemon juice with ice for a frozen drink that the whole family will love.