Weeknight Meal Planner: Week of July 14th
We've served up 5 quick and delicious weeknight meals, complete with side suggestions and a special weekly bonus recipe.
- 1This meatless meal comes together in just 25 minutes, making it perfect for those hectic weeknights! Feel free to riff on this recipe by adding whatever you have on hand, including lettuce, halved cherry tomatoes, or chopped cucumber.
- 2You can have crisp, grilled shrimp in just 30 minutes! That's not to bad for a weeknight meal. This recipe comes with a buttermilk dipping sauce that only requires you to stir together a few ingredients. You didn't know you could get a full meal from in the grillin just half an hour, did you?
- 3Look for plain rotisserie chicken in the deli section of your supermarket. Use the lean, mild breast meat for pastas and sandwiches, and the leg and thigh meat for more robust salads, soups, or tacos.
- 4Fresh pasta takes only 2 to 3 minutes to cook. Bring your pot of water to a boil early, and drop the pasta in just before the meatballs are finished so that everything is done at the same time. Ricotta cheese makes the meatballs light and tender and not too dense; they're a bit too fragile to toss with the pasta, so they're scooped out of the sauce and then placed on top at the end. If you can't find fresh linguine, use fresh fettuccine.
- 5This recipe is great for Friday nights and weekends, but it's so easy and simple that it could be made during the week as well! Everyone in the family will love this tasty, citrusy chicken, and you'll will too because of how easy it is to prepare.
SThis Bourbon-Peach Limeade is a fun and summery treat for the adults. Freeze fresh peach and lime slices on a parchment-lined pan, and drop a few into your drink for a frosty garnish.