Weeknight Meal Planner: Week of May 19th
We've served up 5 quick and delicious weeknight meals, complete with side suggestions and a special weekly bonus recipe.
- 1Bring out the best in smoky grilled vegetables by pairing them with an unexpected flavor partner: fresh mint. This pizza, loaded with fresh summer veggies, earned outstanding reviews as a main dish.
- 2This colorful chicken and veggie stir-fry features a sweet-spicy sauce and a topping of dry-roasted peanuts, which add delicious crunch. If you're family doesn't like spicy foods, you can adjust the amount of sambal oelek, which is a type of hot sauce.
- 3Start by slow-cooking pork shoulder in an aromatic bath of pineapple, beer (try a floral, spiced white ale like Hoegaarden or Blue Moon), and canned chipotles in adobo. Then shred the meat and set out a taco bar full of fresh flavors, bright colors, and crunchy textures. You can't go wrong here. We like bowls of crumbled cheeses, sliced radishes, chopped onions, avocado, shredded cabbage, and plenty of fresh cilantro.
- 4In about 30 minutes, you can have a bowl of Garlicky Meatball Pasta on your table--homemade meatballs included. Refrigerated fettuccine and commercial marinara sauce helps to quicken this quick and easy pasta dinner.
- 5Poultry burgers have a reputation for being dry and bland, but jazzed up with sharp cheddar, parmesan, and garlic—and then topped with crisp bacon, juicy tomatoes, and lettuce—they're boldness in a bun. They'll be a new favorite in your family!
SFor Instant Watermelon Pops, simply cut a 1-inch slit into the rind of a just-cut watermelon wedge, and insert a wooden stick. Serve these treats a variety of ways: Sprinkle with flavored salts and freshly ground pepper, drizzle with local honey and fresh lime juice, dust with red pepper, or add a splash of schnapps.