Weeknight Meal Planner: Week of June 2nd
We've served up 5 quick and delicious weeknight meals, complete with side suggestions and a special weekly bonus recipe.
- 1If spaghetti is a family favorite, give this light version a try! Garlic, cooked until lightly brown but not burnt, adds a gorgeous dimension to the flavor. The best thing about this recipe is that it's ready in under 20 minutes!
- 2This Thai Shrimp Curry comes together in 25 minutes, so it's perfect for your busy weeknights. It's bursting with ginger and lemongrass flavor, and has a slight spicy kick. It isn't too spicy though, so it's great for everyone in the family.
- 3Most people use 6-inch tortillas for tacos, but we apply healthy new math and use them for quesadillas. Upsizing to an 8-inch tortilla nearly doubles the surface area, meaning twice as much cheesy filling. Suddenly, your sensible meal becomes an 800-calorie heavyweight. Start with a 6-incher, and pile on the lean meats, veggies, and cheese. Crisp in a hot skillet with cooking spray instead of butter to save 7g sat fat.
- 4Dress a double batch of this light but satisfying dinner with the sesame dressing. The flavors get even better overnight in the fridge, and leftovers make a gourmet on-the-go lunch.
- 5Florida Georgia Line's songwriter friend Craig Wiseman shared his recipe with the band. The secret? Grill-roasted peppers that add spicy heat and a touch of sweetness and smoke to juicy burgers.
SFor Instant Watermelon Pops, simply cut a 1-inch slit into the rind of a just-cut watermelon wedge, and insert a wooden stick. Serve these treats a variety of ways: Sprinkle with flavored salts and freshly ground pepper, drizzle with local honey and fresh lime juice, dust with red pepper, or add a splash of schnapps.