Weeknight Meal Planner: Week of May 26th
We've served up 5 quick and delicious weeknight meals, complete with side suggestions and a special weekly bonus recipe.
- 1Salads are always a hit in summer; they’re easy to make, full of fresh flavor, and don’t heat up the kitchen. Top your mixed salad greens with smoky grilled vegetables to add depth of flavor and a texture contrast for your palate. Top with a pistachio vinaigrette and crumbled goat cheese for extra richness.
- 2Here's a saucy, creamy pasta dish without a lick of cream or milk and only a wee bit of cheese. The trick is to cook the pasta like risotto, which releases starch into the liquid that becomes the sauce. The toasting step adds nutty, rich character and is a step we don't advise skipping.
- 3This taco pizza is so tasty and easy, it will be a new stable in your dinner rotation. Kids will love this fun spin on pizza, and parents will love it because it's prepped and ready in just 30 minutes.
- 4With several toppings, including caramelized onions, bacon, and barbecue sauce, these can be customized for a range of diners, from those who like their dogs plain to those who want them fully loaded and hearty enough to fuel a day out on the range. They're ready in 30 minutes and not only great for dinner, but summer cookouts and tailgates as well!
- 5Leftover shredded chicken serves as the base for Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches with Creamy Slaw. Toss the chicken in homemade or bottled barbecue sauce, and serve on Texas toast with this easy slaw.
SFor Instant Watermelon Pops, simply cut a 1-inch slit into the rind of a just-cut watermelon wedge, and insert a wooden stick. Serve these treats a variety of ways: Sprinkle with flavored salts and freshly ground pepper, drizzle with local honey and fresh lime juice, dust with red pepper, or add a splash of schnapps.