Weeknight Meal Planner: Thanksgiving Week
Meal planning during the week of Thanksgiving is all about choosing super-easy, shortcut dishes and making the most of leftovers.
- 1Thanksgiving Week: MondayPoppy Seed Chicken is a classic, 6-ingredient Southern casserole that's simple to prepare. To save time, pick up a rotisserie chicken from your grocery deli (or use canned chicken in a real pinch).
- 2Thanksgiving Week: TuesdayFrozen, breaded shrimp, bagged coleslaw, and bottled Ranch dip are the keys to this easy, Cajun-inspired sandwich that's hearty enough to serve for dinner.
- 3Thanksgiving Week: WednesdayIt's the day before Thanksgiving, and your slow-cooker is going to be the ticket for saving everyone's sanity! These delicious beef soft tacos cook all day (on low) in a mixture of salsa, cider vinegar, and chili powder. When it's time for dinner, just shred the beef and serve with corn tortillas, sour cream, shredded lettuce, and diced avocado.
- 4Thanksgiving Week: The Big DayIf you serve your Thanksgiving meal earlier in the day, this festive salad is the perfect way to enjoy a lighter evening meal of leftovers. Top basic mixed greens with toasted cubes of cornbread dressing (for croutons), leftover turkey, and cranberry sauce. A simple oil-and-vinegar dressing ties the salad together.
- 5Thanksgiving Week: FridayTransform the rest of your turkey leftovers into a zesty, south-of-the-border-style soup that calls for common pantry ingredients, like canned corn, beans, and spices.
SThis decadent, uber-indulgent trifle is an incredible combination of pecan pie chunks, chocolate fudge, caramel, whipped cream, marscapone cheese, vanilla, and toasted pecans. We just couldn't resist.