Summer Weeknight Meal Planner from Cooking Light
Our friends at Cooking Light pulled together this summer meal planner that's perfect for veggie lovers. From juicy tomatoes to sweet corn, this meal planner shows you how to make the most of fresh summer produce.
- 1BeansThis gorgeous salad tops a colorful bed of cooked lima beans, green beans, yellow wax beans, and cherry tomatoes with slices of tuna steak that have been seared to perfection. Be sure to cook the beans while the grill is heating up for super-smooth weeknight preparation.
- 2CucumbersIn this summer soup, cucumber goes from supporting actress to a scene-stealer. Thick, whole-milk Greek yogurt gives the soup extra body, while a relish of chopped, sauteed shrimp, grape tomatoes, and cilantro adds extra flavor and color.
- 3TomatoesFresh, juicy tomatoes get their chance to really shine on this 15-minute homemade pizza. It's delicious baked in the oven, but try cooking on the grill instead for truly sensational summer flavor.
- 4ZucchiniMeatless goes Mexican in this flavorful dinner featuring fresh diced zucchini, frozen corn, and canned black beans. To make sure your weeknight goes smoothly, prepare the homemade enchilada sauce a couple of days ahead of time and refrigerate.
- 5CornFresh corn and curry powder take basic crab cakes from ordinary to extraordinary.