How to Pack the Perfect Picnic
From over-the-top feasts to simple pick-ups, picnics are the perfect way to celebrate summer. Use our tips, secrets, and recipes to make yours memorable.
For mid-trek meals, follow tips from
Real Simple to lighten your knapsack's load with handheld food that doesn't need an ice pack.
• Store water in a collapsible bottle–They're 80% lighter than the hard-plastic variety.
• Pack crushable food (think chips) in zip-top bags filled with air to create a cushion and prevent crushing.
• Pack double-duty items, like a sandwich sleeve that doubles as a place mat or napkin.
Follow the Picnic Packing Checklist from RealSimple.com to ensure you don't find yourself ready to eat, but lacking plates.
Portable Picnic Chicken
Summer Pasta Salads
A Day at the Beach
Sweet Victory: Treats for Tailgating
Brown Bag Alternatives
Most Popular Recipes
- 1. Spanish Spaghetti with Olives
- 2. Mrs. Billett's White Cake
- 3. Cranberry-Oatmeal Bars
- 4. Peppermint-Hot Chocolate Cake
- 5. Tex-Mex Brownies