Weeknight Meal Planner: Meals for Chicken Lovers
Love chicken? So do we. This meal planner features three chicken meals - including two that use leftover cooked chicken - plus two more dinner recipes to round out the week.
- 1This simple roast chicken recipe calls for just four ingredients: kosher salt, pepper, two whole chickens, and olive oil. Since the recipe calls for two chickens to serve eight people, most families can get away with saving most (or all) of the second chicken for use later in the week.
- 2Simmer sauteed pork tenderloin in white wine and fresh rosemary, then save the juices to make a delicious pan sauce with just a little cornstarch and water. Cranberry chutney is the perfect partner for this flavorful pork tenderloin.
- 3This easy Mexican-inspired casserole is a great way to use up some of your leftover roasted chicken.
- 4This vegetarian lasagna is so hearty, you won't even miss the meat. Chopped spinach and canned black beans make this dish nutrient-rich and flavorful.
- 5Throw the last of your leftover chicken into this simple chicken and dumplings recipe for a hearty comfort food dinner.
SThis moist, tender blueberry coffee cake scored high in our Test Kitchens, where tasters unanimously considered it a delicious way to use the first blueberries of the season. Studded with plump, juicy berries, the cake also features a sprinkling of turbinado sugar on top that adds another dimension of texture. Ideal for breakfast, brunch, dessert, or as a snack to savor with coffee, it's a recipe you'll make more than once.