sl - Weeknight Pork Roast Supper Menu
1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Toss squash and zucchini slices with 1 Tbsp. oil in a large bowl; sprinkle vegetables with 1 tsp. Creole mixture. Arrange seasoned vegetables on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet; set aside.
3. Stir remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil into remaining Creole mixture. Rub mixture evenly on boneless pork loin roast.
4. Place roast on a lightly greased rack in a roasting pan. Place pan on middle rack in oven.
5. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes.
6. Place vegetables in oven on lowest rack, and bake, with roast, 15 to 20 more minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion of pork registers 155º. Remove roast and vegetables from oven. Let roast stand 10 minutes before slicing or until meat thermometer registers 160º.
Zesty Grilled Pork Chops: Toss vegetables with 1 Tbsp. oil, and sprinkle with 1 tsp. Creole mixture as directed. Do not place on baking sheet. Substitute 6 (1 1/4-inch-thick) bone-in pork chops for pork loin roast. Stir remaining oil into remaining Creole mixture. Rub evenly on pork chops. Grill vegetables and pork chops over high heat (400° to 500°) 3 minutes on each side or until pork is done. Makes 6 servings. Prep: 10 min., Grill: 6 min.
Try fresh herbs from your local farmers market or supermarket. If fresh herbs are not available, you can substitute dried herbs. The general rule of thumb for using dried herbs in place of fresh is 1 part dried herbs to 3 to 4 parts fresh herbs.
1. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add green onions to pan, and sauté 1 minute. Add 2 1/2 cups water, garlic powder, and salt; bring to a boil. Add brown rice; reduce heat to medium, and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Stir in parsley, thyme, sage, and, if desired, lemon rind.
Note: Long-grain rice may be substituted for quick-cooking brown rice. Reduce water to 2 cups, and reduce rice to 1 cup. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 20 minutes or until water is absorbed. Proceed as directed.
Zesty Pork Roast With Vegetables
You'll love this great-tasting, stress-free weeknight meal. (Serves 6)
Go to Full Version ofsl - Weeknight Pork Roast Supper Menu