sl - Warm Cheese Appetizers
This colby-pepper jack cheese dip is made heartier by the addition of chopped cooked chicken. Chopped chipotle peppers, jalapeños, and chili powder add even more heat. Prepare up to a day ahead; cover and chill in an airtight container, and bake just before serving.
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in chicken and next 5 ingredients until blended. Spoon cheese mixture into a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish.
2. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Spoon into a serving bowl. Garnish, if desired. Serve with tortilla and sweet potato chips.
Bake up to 1 month ahead and freeze in an airtight container or zip-top plastic freezer bag. Preheat oven to 350°, and bake frozen squares on a baking sheet for 10 to 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together baking mix, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Stir in milk and remaining ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon cheese mixture into a lightly greased 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
2. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown and set. Remove from oven, and let cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Cut into 1 1/2-inch squares, and serve immediately.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Bisquick All-Purpose Baking Mix.
Prepare the spinach-and-cheese mixture up to a day ahead; cover and chill in an airtight container.
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Drain spinach well, pressing between paper towels to remove excess water.
2. Stir together spinach, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Top each bread slice with 2 Tbsp. cheese mixture. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Place bread slices on a baking sheet.
3. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated and nuts are toasted.
Colby-Pepper Jack Cheese Dip
Feta Cheese Squares
Simple enough to put together on short notice, these quick-to-make crowd-pleasers can also be prepared well before guests arrive. Reheat Feta Cheese Squares straight from the freezer and then pass around on a pretty tray. A fondue pot or mini slow cooker keeps Colby-Pepper Jack Cheese Dip warm until the party winds down. (Serves 10 to 12)
Go to Full Version ofsl - Warm Cheese Appetizers