sl - Surefire Meal Menu
Get back to basics with this five-ingredient grilled flank steak recipe. If you've got olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper on hand, you're ready to get started. Serve with grilled summer squash and rice to round out the meal.
1. Stir together first 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Rub mixture evenly over flank steak; place steak in a shallow dish. Cover and chill 3 hours.
2. Grill steak, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 8 to 10 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin strips.
1. Cut squash and zucchini lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Cut bell pepper into 1/2-inch-thick strips.
2. Grill vegetables, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until tender.
3. Toss hot vegetables with pesto. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, and serve immediately.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Buitoni Pesto With Basil.
Brown rice or orzo are good substitutions for the long-grain rice.
1. Cook rice according to package directions; cool 20 minutes.
2. Stir together rice, artichoke hearts, and remaining ingredients.
*1 1/2 Tbsp. dried dill may be substituted for fresh.
This summer-friendly pie comes together in minutes using store-bought items such as frozen lemonade and a ready-made prepared graham cracker crust. It's the perfect cool-off treat after a hot summer afternoon.
1. Whisk together evaporated milk and pudding mix in a bowl 2 minutes or until thickened.
2. Beat cream cheeses at medium speed with an electric mixer, using whisk attachment, until fluffy. Add lemonade concentrate, beating until blended; add pudding mixture, and beat until blended.
3. Pour into crust; freeze 4 hours or until firm. Garnish, if desired.
Garlic Flank Steak
Grilled Vegetables With Pesto
Creamy Lemonade Pie
Here's a budget-friendly menu that you can cook and eat outside. These sizzling recipes take advantage of beautiful grilling weather. (Serves 4)
Go to Full Version ofsl - Surefire Meal Menu