Stuffed Focaccia Supper
This focaccia roll and fruit-topped romaine salad can be prepared in only 40 minutes, so they're easy enough for a weeknight and elegant enough for company. (Serves 4)
• Romaine, strawberry, and orange salad Combine 6 cups torn romaine lettuce, 1 cup sliced strawberries, 1 cup drained canned mandarin oranges, and 3/4 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion in a large bowl. Combine 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, 1 tablespoon honey, 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with a 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese.
• Vanilla low-fat ice cream with caramel sauce
Total time: 40 minutes
1. While oven preheats for focaccia:
• Toast nuts for focaccia.
• Prepare filling for focaccia.
• Prepare dressing for salad.
2. While focaccia bakes:
• Prepare remaining salad ingredients.
Cooking Light, October 2007
(Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.)