Steak under the Stars
Marinated vegetables brightened with pesto are a tasty foil for grilled sirloin. Serve it with herbed French bread and caramel sundaes to complete this memorable 25-minute meal. (Serves 4)
• Garlic-herb French bread Cut a baguette into (1/2-inch-thick) slices. Place bread slices on a baking sheet. Coat bread with olive oil-flavored cooking spray, sprinkle with garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until crisp.
• Vanilla low-fat ice-cream with caramel sauce
Total time: 25 minutes
1. Prepare grill, and preheat oven.
2. While grill and oven are heating:
• Cut vegetables.
• Combine vegetables with marinade.
3. While steak and vegetables are grilling:
• Heat bread.
4. Chop grilled vegetables.
Cooking Light, November 2007
(Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.)