sl - Steak-and-Potatoes Menu
1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a shallow bowl. Stir in olive oil until combined. Gently rub olive oil mixture evenly on steak. Let stand 20 minutes.
2. Coat cold cooking grate with cooking spray, and place on grill over medium-high heat (350° to 400°). Place steak on cooking grate, and grill, covered with grill lid, 8 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes; cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
1. Bring potatoes and water to cover to a boil in a Dutch oven over high heat; reduce heat to medium-high, and cook 12 to 15 minutes or just until slightly tender. Drain. Plunge potatoes into ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain well. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel and cut into wedges.
2. Coat cold cooking grate with cooking spray, and place on grill over medium-high heat (350° to 400°). Place potatoes on cooking grate, and grill, covered with grill lid, 6 to 7 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear. Drizzle potato wedges with Creamy Basil Vinaigrette, and serve immediately.
Note: Nutritional analysis includes about 2 1/2 Tbsp. vinaigrette.
Bacon makes these green beans so much better. Serve this hearty side with roast chicken.
1. Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tsp. drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon.
2. Sauté onion in hot drippings in skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Add green beans, broth, and mustard, tossing to coat. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 5 minutes. Uncover and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 5 more minutes or until liquid thickens and is reduced by half. Add salt and pepper to taste. Top with crumbled bacon. Serve immediately.
Note: Nutritional analysis does not include salt and pepper to taste.
Make traditional Rice Krispies Treats a little more nutritious by using multi-grain cereal and dried cranberries.
1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows, and cook, stirring constantly, 4 to 5 minutes or until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in cereal and 1 cup cranberries until well coated.
3. Press mixture into a 13- x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Chop remaining 1/4 cup cranberries, and sprinkle on top. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes or until firm. Cut into 24 bars.
Cinnamon-Pecan Crispy Bars: Place 1/3 cup pecan halves, chopped, in a single layer on a shallow pan. Bake at 350° for 8 to 9 minutes or until toasted, stirring once after 5 minutes. Prepare Whole Grain Marshmallow Crispy Bars as directed through Step 2. Press mixture as directed into baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with toasted pecans and 1 tsp. ground cinnamon. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Per bar: Calories 142; Fat 2.9g (sat 1g, mono 0.9g, poly 0.4g); Protein 2.7g; Carb 27.9g; Fiber 1.9g; Chol 4mg; Iron 0.7mg; Sodium 22mg; Calc 10mg.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Kashi GOLEAN Crunch! cereal.
Spice-rubbed Flank Steak
Grilled Sweet Potatoes With Creamy Basil Vinaigrette
Green Beans With Bacon
Whole Grain Marshmallow Crispy Bars
Share a hearty (but not heavy) meal with family anytime. (Serves 6)
Go to Full Version ofsl - Steak-and-Potatoes Menu