ck-Spring Vegetable Pizza with Gremolata Menu
Serve with Creamy Tomato Soup.
1. Place a pizza stone or heavy baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 500° (keep pizza stone or baking sheet in oven as it preheats).
2. Place dough in a microwave-safe bowl coated with cooking spray. Cover and microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 45 seconds. Let stand 5 minutes.
3. Remove stalks from fennel bulb; reserve 1 tablespoon fronds. Cut bulb into thin slices. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Rinse peas in cold water to thaw; drain. Add peas, fennel bulb, asparagus, and sliced garlic to pan; sauté 2 minutes.
4. Roll dough into a 14-inch circle on a lightly floured surface; pierce entire surface liberally with a fork. Carefully remove pizza stone from oven. Arrange dough on pizza stone. Combine ricotta, milk, pepper, and pecorino Romano cheese; spread evenly over pizza, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Bake at 500° for 5 minutes. Carefully remove pizza stone from oven. Top pizza with pea mixture. Bake at 500° for 5 minutes or until crust is browned and crisp. Remove from oven; sprinkle evenly with salt. Combine reserved fennel fronds, parsley, rind, and minced garlic; sprinkle over pizza. Cut into 8 wedges.
Smoked paprika and cumin round out the sweetness of San Marzano tomatoes. If you can't find these tomatoes, use a can of regular unsalted tomatoes.
1. Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add canola oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion, cumin, kosher salt, and paprika to pan; cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Increase the heat to medium-high. Add minced garlic; sauté 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in tomatoes and chicken stock; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in half-and-half.
2. Place half of tomato mixture in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining tomato mixture. Top with parsley and freshly ground black pepper.
Spring Vegetable Pizza with Gremolata
Creamy Tomato Soup
Go to Full Version ofck-Spring Vegetable Pizza with Gremolata Menu