ck-Spring Garden Salad with Chicken and Champagne Vinaigrette Menu
Serve with Herbed Corn Muffins. Hit up the farmers' market for the freshest spring veggies. You can also try the dish with shrimp, salmon, or pork in place of chicken.
1. Cook carrots and peas in boiling water 2 1/2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain. Combine carrot mixture, lettuce, watercress, radishes, and parsley in a large bowl; set aside.
2. Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet, swirling to coat. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Let stand 5 minutes; cut across the grain into slices.
3. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper, vinegar, and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle dressing over lettuce mixture; toss gently. Arrange about 2 cups lettuce mixture on each of 4 plates; divide chicken evenly among servings.
These muffins are tender, moist, and light, with a lovely herbal fragrance from parsley and thyme.
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Combine buttermilk, olive oil, and egg; stir well with a whisk.
3. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pepper, and pecorino Romano cheese in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Make a well in center of flour mixture. Add milk mixture, and stir just until moist. Gently stir in green onions, parsley, and thyme. Spoon into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 13 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs clinging.
Spring Garden Salad with Chicken and Champagne Vinaigrette
Herbed Corn Muffins
Go to Full Version ofck-Spring Garden Salad with Chicken and Champagne Vinaigrette Menu