Look no further for a quick, satisfying weeknight meal. A spicy bowl of soup and a crunchy quesadilla are sure to hit the spot. (Serves 5)
• Chicken and cheese quesadillas Heat a medium nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Working with 1 (6-inch) corn tortilla at a time, place tortilla in pan; cook 30 seconds. Turn tortilla; sprinkle 1 tablespoon shredded queso chihuahua on half of tortilla. Top cheese with 2 tablespoons shredded cooked chicken breast and 1 teaspoon chopped green onions. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon shredded queso chihuahua evenly over onions. Fold tortilla in half; turn and cook 1 minute or until lightly browned and cheese melts. Repeat procedure to yield 5 quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into 3 wedges.
• Green salad with bottled salsa
Total time: 30 minutes
1. While broth mixture simmers:
• Squeeze lime juice.
• Shred cheese for soup and quesadillas.
• Preheat skillet for quesadillas.
2. While soup stands for 5 minutes:
• Prepare quesadillas.
• Spoon salsa over salads.
Cooking Light, December 2003
(Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.)