Special Occasion Menu
Instead of making reservations at a pricey restaurant, prepare a celebration dinner at home.
The day before:
• Shape crab cakes.
• Blanch green beans in boiling water for about 8 minutes; shock in ice water to stop the cooking process. Cover and chill.
• Prepare Lemon Rémoulade.
The day of:
• Sauté crab cakes as directed.
• To reheat green beans, toss with halved grape tomatoes and melted butter in a warm skillet; season with fresh thyme, salt, and pepper.
• Toss mixed baby greens in olive oil, salt, and pepper.
• Cook the soufflés while you're eating, and enjoy them warm from the oven.
Southern Living, May 2006
(Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.)