This soup features turkey kielbasa, spinach, carrots, and hearty Great Northern beans. Serve it with tangy apple coleslaw and slices of hearty bread. (Serves 5)
• Country apple coleslaw Combine 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute. Add 1 (10-ounce) package coleslaw, 2 cups chopped apple, and 1/2 cup raisins; toss well to coat. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
• Pumpernickel bread with honey butter
Total time: 27 minutes
1. Cut kielbasa and vegetables for soup.
2. While kielbasa and vegetables cook, microwave dressing for slaw.
3. While soup simmers, chop apple for slaw.