This soup features turkey kielbasa, spinach, carrots, and hearty Great Northern beans. Serve it with tangy apple coleslaw and slices of hearty bread. (Serves 5) North Woods Bean Soup
North Woods Bean Soup
• Country apple coleslaw Combine 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute. Add 1 (10-ounce) package coleslaw, 2 cups chopped apple, and 1/2 cup raisins; toss well to coat. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
• Pumpernickel bread with honey butter
Total time: 27 minutes
1. Cut kielbasa and vegetables for soup.
2. While kielbasa and vegetables cook, microwave dressing for slaw.
3. While soup simmers, chop apple for slaw.