Sizzling Grilled Steak
Grilled Tenderloin with Warm Vegetable Salad
- 4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed (about 1 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 small zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 2 small yellow squash, halved lengthwise
- 2 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 green onions
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon commercial pesto
- Oregano sprigs (optional)
Prepare grill or broiler.
Sprinkle steaks with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, zucchini, and next 5 ingredients (zucchini through garlic) in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and shake to coat.
Place the tenderloin steaks on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray; cook for 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Place the zucchini and yellow squash on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray; cook 3 minutes on each side or until tender. Place the tomato and onions on grill rack or broiler pan; cook 2 minutes or just until tender.
Coarsely chop the vegetables, and place in a bowl. Add pesto; stir gently. Serve with steaks. Garnish with oregano, if desired.
Grilled or Boiled Red Potatoes
French Bread with Herbs