sl - Sip-and-See Menu
Prep: 1 hr., Freeze: 1 hr.
1. Prepare 3 recipes of Buttery Herb Cheese Spread.
2. Press 6 cups of mixture into an 8-inch round cakepan; freeze for 1 hour. Unmold onto a serving plate.
3. Fit decorating bag with basket-weave tip; spoon half of remaining spread into bag. Pipe basket-weave pattern around sides. Use remaining half of spread to pipe ruffle around top, using a star tip.
4. Form handle from florist wire; attach fresh herbs and flowers to handle with florist tape. Insert 2 water picks into top of cheese spread, and insert a wire end into each pick. Arrange herb sprigs around base of wire. Garnish base of basket, if desired. Serve with assorted crackers, breads, or vegetables.
Beat butter or margarine at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in vanilla. Spoon into lightly greased miniature muffin pans, filling three-fourths full.
Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans; cool on wire racks.
Insert a small fork into bottom of a cake, and dip in Faux Fondant, making sure to cover top and sides. Place upright on a wire rack until set. Repeat procedure with remaining cakes and fondant.
Spoon Buttercream Frosting into a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal. Snip a tiny hole in 1 corner of bag. Pipe a dollop of frosting onto each cake, and decorate with Candied Flowers and Raspberries.
1. Bring water to a boil; add shrimp, and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain and rinse with cold water. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired.
2. Layer shrimp and onion slices in an airtight container.
3. Whisk together oil and next 10 ingredients; pour over shrimp mixture. Cover and chill 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
1. Stir together first 10 ingredients. Spread cream cheese mixture on wheat bread slices, and top with white bread slices. Cut each sandwich into fourths. Chill up to 24 hours in an airtight container between layers of wax paper.
Buttery Herb Cheese Basket
Little Bitty Cakes
Celebrate the upcoming wedding day with a sip-and-see party, where friends and family sip tea or punch while admiring arrangements of china, linens, tableware, and cookware.
Go to Full Version ofsl - Sip-and-See Menu