Potpie Dinner with a Twist
This potpie makes generous servings. Paired with a citrusy salad and warm apple dessert, it's the perfect low-fat menu for filling up hungry guests. (Serves 6)
• Tossed salad with poppy seed dressing and orange sections
• Warm spiced apples with vanilla frozen yogurt Toss 3 cups sliced peeled apple with 2 teaspoons lemon juice. Melt 2 teaspoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add apple; sauté 6 minutes of until tender. Stir in 1 tablespoon maple syrup, 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg; cook for 1 minute. Scoop 1/2 cup vanilla frozen yogurt into each of 6 bowls; top evenly with spiced apples.
Total time: 38 minutes
1. While oven preheats:
• Make potpie filling.
• Prepare cornbread topping.
• Scoop yogurt into dessert dishes; place in freezer.
2. While potpie bakes:
• Toss salad.
• Sauté apple for dessert; keep warm.
Cooking Light, October 2006
(Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.)