ck-Panko-Crusted Cod with Tomato-Basil Relish Menu
Serve with Creamy Tomato Soup and Soba Noodle Salad. Look for U.S.-caught Alaska cod, gray cod, or true cod.
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Place egg whites in a shallow dish; place panko in another shallow dish. Dip fish in egg whites; sprinkle fish evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt, and dredge in panko. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat; swirl to coat. Add fish to pan; cook 3 minutes or until browned and very crispy. Turn fish over; place pan in oven. Bake fish at 450° for 7 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
3. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, tomatoes, and remaining ingredients in a bowl. Serve with fish.
Smoked paprika and cumin round out the sweetness of San Marzano tomatoes. If you can't find these tomatoes, use a can of regular unsalted tomatoes.
1. Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add canola oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion, cumin, kosher salt, and paprika to pan; cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Increase the heat to medium-high. Add minced garlic; sauté 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in tomatoes and chicken stock; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in half-and-half.
2. Place half of tomato mixture in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining tomato mixture. Top with parsley and freshly ground black pepper.
Look for soba noodles on the Asian food aisle. If you can't find them, you can sub whole-wheat spaghetti (which takes about 10 minutes longer to cook).
1. Cook soba according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain and rinse with cold water. Drain well.
2. Combine soy sauce, dark sesame oil, brown sugar, lemon juice, and crushed red pepper in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add noodles, red bell pepper, snow peas, and green onions; toss well.
Panko-Crusted Cod with Tomato-Basil Relish
Creamy Tomato Soup
Soba Noodle Salad
Go to Full Version ofck-Panko-Crusted Cod with Tomato-Basil Relish Menu