sl - Meal With Pizzazz Menu
1. Place chicken legs and thighs in a gallon-size zip-top plastic freezer bag.
2. Microwave peanut butter and next 4 ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 to 2 minutes, stirring until smooth. (Mixture will appear broken at first.) Spoon mixture over chicken in bag, and seal. Using hands, work peanut butter mixture onto chicken until evenly coated. Chill 30 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove chicken from peanut butter mixture, discarding mixture.
3. Process peanuts and next 4 ingredients in a food processor until peanuts are finely ground. Place crumbs in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; add chicken, and seal. Shake to coat. Place chicken on a lightly greased wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined broiler pan.
4. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion of thigh registers 170°.
Note: Baked chicken may be frozen in a zip-top plastic freezer bag up to 3 months. Let thaw in refrigerator overnight. To reheat, place chicken on a wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined broiler pan. Bake at 375° for 15 to 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
1. Melt butter in a 3 1/2-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in rice, and sauté 2 minutes or until rice turns opaque. Stir in sesame seeds. Add chicken broth and next 3 ingredients; bring to a boil.
2. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook mixture 20 to 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender; fluff with a fork. Stir in 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley. Garnish, if desired.
*2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro may be substituted.
Note: To make rice in the oven instead of on the cooktop, prepare recipe as directed through Step 1, using an ovenproof saucepan. Bake, covered, at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Proceed with recipe as directed.
For a change of pace from frying, try crunchy Peanut-Baked Chicken. (Serves 4)
Go to Full Version ofsl - Meal With Pizzazz Menu