Hearty Pork Chop Dinner
Cider-glazed pork chops served with a grains pilaf and fresh arugula salad create a quick and easy-yet elegant-dinner.
• Mushroom-barley pilaf: Cook 1 cup quick-cooking barley according to package direction, omitting salt and fat. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 1 cup chopping onion and 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms; sauté 4 minutes. Stir in 2 minced garlic cloves; sauté 1 minute. Add 1/4 cup dry sherry; cook until liquid almost evaporates. Stir in barley; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
• Arugula salad with balsamic vinaigrette
1. While barley cooks:
• Prepare mushroom mixture for pilaf, and keep warm.
2. Prep ingredients for pork chops.
3. Cook pork chops.
4. Assemble and dress salad.
Cooking Light, August 2007
(Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.)