Gather everyone for a night of board games and our mix-and-match lineup of pizzas. (Serves 8)
Wine Note The variety of tastes and toppings in this menu means these pizzas can go with red or white wine. A bold Italian Chianti has the acidity to stand up to tomato sauce, while the wine's rustic, dried-cherry flavors are great with more intense toppings like spicy chicken sausage. With more delicate toppings, such as roasted beets and the salad, try Masi Modello della Venezia Bianco, a refreshing Italian white blend that comes with pear and floral aromas. –Jeffery Lindenmuth
Make-Ahead Time Line
This menu requires an investment of time in the kitchen. Don't hesitate to recruit guests to help you toss the salad, roll out dough, and top pizzas. If you do some of the work in advance, you'll have time to spend with guests and to enjoy the food.
2 days ahead
• Bake Cinnamon-Ginger Cookies; cool to room temperature, and store in an airtight container.
The night before
• Prepare Lima Bean Dip, and refrigerate; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
• Clean and cut up vegetables to serve with dip; refrigerate.
• Make sausage mixture (step 3) for Sausage Pizza; refrigerate.
• Roast beets (step 2) for Roasted Beet Pizza; refrigerate.
• Wash arugula for salad; refrigerate.
1 hour before guests arrive
• Prepare Basic Pizza Dough.
• Combine dressing ingredients and shave cheese for Arugula Salad.