sl - Elegant Reception at Home
1. Pour 3 cups boiling water over tea bags; cover and steep 5 minutes. Remove and discard tea bags. Stir in sugar, juice, and 2 cups cold water. Serve over ice.
Fresh limeade is a delicious alternative to lemonade during the hot summer months (or whenever the mood strikes you).
1. Stir together sugar and 2 cups water in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until sugar mixture reaches syrup consistency. Remove from heat; cool.
2. Stir in juice and 5 cups cold water. Serve over ice. Garnish, if desired.
*1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (about 6 to 8 lemons) may be substituted. Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
1. Combine first 4 ingredients; chill until ready to serve. Stir in lemon-lime soft drink just before serving. Serve over ice.
1. Stir together ingredients; serve over ice.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Welch's Strawberry Breeze Blended Juice Cocktail Concentrate.
Use your favorite sliced, baked ham to stuff into these soft biscuits, and slather with plenty of Mustard Butter.
1. Combine yeast and 1/2 cup warm water in a 4-cup liquid measuring cup, and let mixture stand 5 minutes. Stir in buttermilk.
2. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; cut in shortening with a pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add buttermilk mixture, stirring with a fork just until dry ingredients are moistened.
3. Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface, and knead 4 to 5 times.
4. Roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness; cut with a 2-inch round cutter, and place on lightly greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour.
5. Bake at 425° for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Split each biscuit, and spread evenly with Mustard Butter. Stuff biscuits with ham.
To save time, use peeled, large frozen cooked shrimp. Thaw according to package directions, and serve with sauces.
1. Bring first 3 ingredients to a boil in a large stockpot. Add shrimp, and cook 2 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink; drain and rinse with cold water.
2. Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired. Chill until ready to serve. Serve with Rémoulade Sauce and Spicy Cocktail Sauce.
Dress up a classic chicken salad sandwich recipe by adding a hint of spice. Serve these bite-sized sandwiches at teas, showers, or low-key family gatherings.
1. Stir together first 11 ingredients. Spread mixture evenly on 1 side each of 24 bread slices; top with remaining 24 bread slices. Trim crusts from sandwiches; cut each sandwich into 4 rectangles with a serrated knife.
1. Whisk together first 5 ingredients until blended. Cover and chill.
2. Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Cook asparagus in boiling water to cover 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
3. Cook beans in boiling water to cover 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
4. Cover and chill vegetables until ready to serve with dip. Garnish dip with fresh basil, if desired.
Apple Iced Tea
Fruited Citrus Refresher
Ham-Stuffed Biscuits With Mustard Butter
Boiled Shrimp With Rémoulade Sauce and Spicy Cocktail Sauce
Curried Chicken Salad Tea Sandwiches
Steamed Asparagus and Green Beans With Fresh Lemon-Basil Dip
Host an intimate reception at home with these make-ahead recipes for a crowd. (Serves 25)
Go to Full Version ofsl - Elegant Reception at Home