Perfect for casual entertaining, these tender Italian potato dumplings are a sophisticated version of comfort food. Pair with a snappy mesclun salad and an ice-cream sundae. (Serves 4)
• Mesclun Salad with Dijon Dressing Combine 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Add 6 cups mesclun greens, ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion, and 2 plum tomatoes, quartered; toss.
• Low-fat coffee ice cream with chocolate sauce
Total time: 30 minutes
1. While water comes to a boil:
• Prepare salad ingredients.
• Prepare ingredients for gnocchi.
2. While gnocchi cooks:
• Sauté pancetta, asparagus, and shallots.
3. Toss salad.