Dinner Party Menu
Use our handy guide for no-stress success.
Up to 2 weeks ahead:
• Bake and freeze unglazed olive oil cake, if using.
Up to 3 days ahead:
• Prepare beef braising liquid.
Up to 2 days ahead:
• Cook and chill polenta, if using.
Up to 1 day ahead:
• Bake meringues, if using.
• Cook mushroom mixture for polenta canapés.
1 day ahead:
• Thaw cake in refrigerator.
The night before:
• Rub beef with spice mixture.
3 hours ahead:
• Bring beef to room temperature.
2 hours ahead:
• Prepare coleslaw.
• Reheat braising liquid; add beef and braise.
30 minutes ahead:
• Glaze cake.
• Broil polenta (for canapés).
• Top polenta canapés with mushrooms and cheese.
Just before serving:
• Broil polenta (for side dish).
Cooking Light, September 2009
(Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.)