su - Desert-Mex Fiesta Menu
Who says margaritas are just for summer? Celebrate the holidays with this festive frozen drink featuring both cranberry juice cocktail and fresh cranberries. Reserve some of those fresh berries to make a simple garnish.
1. Pour 1/4 cup cranberry juice into a shallow bowl. Pour 3 tbsp. sugar onto a plate. Dip rims of 4 to 6 widemouthed glasses (6 to 8 oz., suitable for margaritas) into juice, then sugar. Set glasses aside.
2. Reserve 12 cranberries. In a blender, whirl the remaining cranberries, cranberry juice, and sugar, the lime juice, tequila, orange liqueur, and ice until smooth and slushy. If necessary, blend in 2 batches, then mix together. Divide among glasses and garnish with reserved berries, skewered on toothpicks.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Time: 1 hour.
1. Lay 1 tortilla half on a work surface. Spoon about 1 tbsp. beans onto an end. Sprinkle filling with about 1 tbsp. cheese.
2. Starting with the filling end, roll taquito into a tight cigarette shape and secure with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining tortillas, beans or chicken, and cheese.
3. In a large wide pot, heat about 1 in. oil over medium heat until it reaches 375° on a deep-fry thermometer. Cook taquitos, about 4 at a time, turning often, until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer taquitos to a rimmed baking sheet lined with paper towels. When cool, remove toothpicks. Serve with salsa and guacamole.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per taquito.
Merry Cranberry Margaritas
Bean and Chicken Taquitos
Throw a no-fuss holiday party with easy food everyone loves–and a surprising alternative to eggnog.
Go to Full Version ofsu - Desert-Mex Fiesta Menu