Company's Coming Menu
Follow our make-ahead plan for hosting dinner guests with ease. (Serves 6)
One Day Ahead
• Prepare breadsticks.
• Combine dip ingredients; spoon into baking dish. Cover and refrigerate.
A Few Hours Ahead
• Peel and crush garlic; mince thyme.
• Slice olives.
• Measure flour, orange juice, white wine, beef broth, and tomato paste; keep separate.
• Peel and cut potatoes and turnips; keep covered with water.
• Peel and slice onion; stud with cloves.
• Grate cheese.
• Measure sour cream; refrigerate.
• Trim haricots verts.
• Mince pancetta; refrigerate.
• Measure chicken broth and vinegar; keep in separate containers.
3 1/4 Hourse Before Dinner
• Brown lamb.
3 Hours Before Dinner
• Sauté garlic; stir in cooking liquids, tomato paste, and thyme.
• Add lamb; place in oven.
30 Minutes Before Guests Arrive
• Bake artichoke dip.
1 Hour Before Dinner
• Add orange rind and olives to lamb.
30 Minutes Before Dinner
• Remove lamb from oven.
• Pour lamb cooking liquid into a bag; keep shanks warm.
25 Minutes Before Dinner
• Cook potatoes and turnips.
20 Minutes Before Dinner
• Pour lamb cooking liquid into saucepan; discard fat.
• Reduce lamb cooking liquid.
12 Minutes Before Dinner
• Cook pancetta and shallots.
• Add broth, vinegar, and haricots verts.
5 Minutes Before Dinner
• Drain potato mixture; return to pan and add sour cream, salt, and pepper.
• Mash potato mixture.
Cooking Light, September 2007
(Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.)