Chef's New Thanksgiving Menu
After years of serving the holiday dinner only to customers, what does a chef cook for family and friends? (Serves 10 to 12)
Up to 3 days before
Salt turkey and chill (step 1). Make dough for fig tart (step 2).
2 days before
Roast nuts and make dressing for hazelnut herb salad (steps 1-4).
1 Day before
• Cook beans for mushroom ragout (steps 1 and 2) and chop remaining ingredients.
• Prepare sweet potatoes with meringue through step 1.
• Make cornbread croutons; cook aromatics for apple bacon cornbread stuffing (steps 1-5).
• Cook dried figs for tart (step 1).
• Prepare aromatics for mussels with sausage and thyme (steps 1 and 2).
• Tear lettuce for hazelnut herb salad, wrap in paper towels, and chill in a resealable plastic bag.
Finish fig tart. Assemble apple bacon cornbread stuffing (steps 6 and 7).
5 hours before
Preheat oven and prepare juniper-and-herb roast turkey (step 1). Make stock for pine nut gravy (step 1).
4 hours before
1 1/2 hours before
Bring apple bacon cornbread stuffing to room temperature. Make mushroom ragout.
1 hour before
Let turkey rest. Bake stuffing. Make pine nut gravy. Finish sweet potatoes with meringue.
20 minutes before
Carve turkey and arrange on a serving platter (cover to keep warm). Toss hazelnut herb salad with dressing.
10 minutes before
Reheat aromatics for mussels with sausage and thyme, and cook mussels.
Sunset, November 2007
(Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.)