Serve this laidback menu for a cozy family meal or casual gathering with friends. (Serves 6).
One Day Ahead
• Prepare breadsticks.
• Combine ingredients for artichoke dip; spoon into baking dish. Cover dip, and refrigerate.
A Few Hours Ahead
• Chop tomato, red onion, and basil; combine the salsa ingredients except for cheese.
• Measure cheese.
• Pound the chicken breasts; refrigerate.
• Slice the shallots and mushrooms; chop the broccoli. Store in separate containers.
• Measure sherry and chicken brother; store in separate containers.
30 Minutes Before Guests Arrive
• Bake artichoke dip.
1 Hour Before Supper
• Preheat oven.
• Cut potato wedges; coat with oil and seasoning.
45 Minutes Before Supper
• Place potatoes in oven.
20 Minutes Before Supper
• Cook first 3 chicken breast halves.
• Turn potatoes.
• Sauté mushrooms and shallots.
12 Minutes Before Supper
• Tent cooked chicken breast halves loosely with foil to keep warm.
⁊ Cook second 3 chicken breast halves.
• Add sherry to mushroom mixture.
8 Minutes Before Supper
• Add broccoli and broth to mushrooms.
• Stir the cheese into the salsa.