sl - Casual at the Beach
Use steamed, poached, or baked fish in this sandwich. It's a great way to use leftover grilled fish too. Any firm white fish, such as tilapia, snapper, or grouper, works well
1. Flake fish in a medium bowl. Add 1/4 tsp. lemon rind, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 2 Tbsp. olive oil, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper, tossing gently to coat.
2. Spread Basil Mayonnaise evenly on cut sides of rolls. Place lettuce and fish on bottom halves of rolls; top with onion, and cover with roll tops.
No grill available? Cook the beef in a grill skillet on the cooktop. Napa cabbage may be called Chinese cabbage in some grocery stores.
1. Combine teriyaki sauce and oil in a shallow dish or large zip-top plastic freezer bag; add steaks, turning to coat. Cover or seal, and chill 1 hour, turning steaks occasionally.
2. Remove steaks from marinade, discarding marinade.
3. Grill steaks, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 5 to 7 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes; cut diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
4. Toss steak slices, cabbage, and next 5 ingredients together; drizzle with desired amount of dressing, tossing gently to coat.
Sweet enough to be a dessert, this iced coffee recipe can be stored for up to a week and enjoyed for days.
1. Stir together ground coffee and 8 cups cold water in a pitcher until well combined; let stand at room temperature 12 hours.
2. Pour coffee mixture through a large, fine wire-mesh strainer into a Dutch oven or other large container, discarding grounds. Clean strainer; place a coffee filter or double layer of cheesecloth in strainer, and pour coffee mixture through lined strainer into a pitcher. Add vanilla extract. (Cover and store in refrigerator up to 1 week, if desired.)
3. Stir together coffee mixture and sweetened condensed milk. Serve over ice.
1. Cut a 1/4-inch slice from tops of tomatoes; scoop out and discard pulp, leaving shells intact. Drain tomato shells upside down on paper towels.
2. Stir together shrimp and next 3 ingredients. Spoon evenly into tomato shells.
To make cleanup easier, bake in a disposable foil pan. If you transport the lemon wedges in the marinade, it's okay to bake them with the shrimp.
1. Place shrimp in a 13- x- 9-inch pan; top with lemon wedges and bay leaves.
2. Stir together butter and next 6 ingredients. Pour over shrimp.
3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 35 minutes or until shrimp are pink, stirring every 10 minutes. Discard bay leaves. Serve with bread and lemon wedges.
Asian Beef Salad
Thai Iced Coffee
Basil Shrimp Salad
Start these scumptious dishes at home, and finish them up when you arrive.
Go to Full Version ofsl - Casual at the Beach