ck-Bistro Steak with Red Wine Sauce and Quinoa Menu
Serve with Rosemary-Garlic Roasted Potatoes and Asparagus with Lemon and Pecorino.
Or serve with Quinoa with Toasted Pine Nuts and Celery and Parsley Salad.
1. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Sprinkle steaks evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add steaks to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steaks from pan. Let stand 5 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to medium-high. Add shallots and thyme to pan; sauté 1 minute or until lightly browned. Add wine; cook 2 1/2 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates. Add stock; cook 3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half and mixture is slightly thickened. Remove pan from heat. Add remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, butter, and mustard; stir with a whisk.
3. Cut steak across the grain into thin slices; serve with sauce. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Quinoa is hot right now. And our Quinoa with Toasted Pine Nuts makes this up-to-date side dish even more fantastic.
1. Rinse and drain quinoa. Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shallots; sauté 1 minute or until tender. Add minced garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add quinoa; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add chicken stock and kosher salt; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 13 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender.
2. While quinoa cooks, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add pine nuts to pan; cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently. Combine quinoa mixture, pine nuts, 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, parsley, chives, and pepper; toss.
A crunchy, savory, tangy, wonderful combination.
1. Combine celery, arugula, parsley, and chopped celery leaves in a medium bowl. Combine lemon juice, olive oil, freshly ground black pepper, and kosher salt in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle juice mixture over celery mixture, and toss. Top with shaved fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
Bistro Steak with Red Wine Sauce
Quinoa with Toasted Pine Nuts
Celery and Parsley Salad
Go to Full Version ofck-Bistro Steak with Red Wine Sauce and Quinoa Menu