A homemade dipping sauce elevates frozen egg rolls from instant to inspiring. They're the perfect side for this piquant fried rice. (Serves 4)
• Egg rolls with dipping sauce Bake 4 frozen white-meat chicken egg rolls (such as Pagoda) according to package directions. While egg rolls bake, combine 1 tablespoon minced green onions, 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons duck sauce, and 1 teaspoon Thai chili sauce (such as Sriracha). Serve sauce with egg rolls.
• Lemon sorbet
Total time: 40 minutes
1. While water comes to a boil for the rice:
• Preheat oven for egg rolls.
• Chop and measure ingredients for fried rice.
2. While egg rolls bake:
• Cook long-grain rice.
• Scoop sorbet into individual bowls; freeze.
• Prepare dipping sauce.
3. Prepare fried rice.