sl - Better-for-You Breakfast Menu
1. Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink. Tilt pan to drain well; pat sausage dry with paper towels. Stir in hot sauce.
2. Cook egg substitute in a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat, without stirring, 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture begins to set on bottom.
3. Gently stir to slightly break up eggs. Cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes or until eggs are thickened and moist. (Do not overstir.) Remove skillet from heat.
4. Lightly coat both sides of tortillas with cooking spray. Spoon sausage, eggs, and cheese down center of each tortilla. Fold sides over, enclosing filling completely, and gently press to seal.
5. Cook wraps, in 2 batches, folded sides down, in a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Carefully turn, and cook 2 to 3 more minutes or until lightly browned and cheese is melted. Cut each wrap in half, and serve immediately with desired toppings.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Jimmy Dean 50% Less Fat Than Regular Pork Sausage and Egg Beaters With Yolk Southwestern egg substitute.
For the best texture, choose crisp apples. Instead of Granny Smith, you can also use Fuji or McIntosh. Bartlett or Bosc pears would also make great choices.
1. Stir together sugar, apple juice, and 1/4 cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes or until mixture is reduced by about one-third. Remove pan from heat; stir in vanilla, and cool 30 minutes. Chill 2 hours.
2. Combine apples and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle chilled syrup over fruit, gently tossing to coat. Serve immediately, or cover and chill fruit mixture up to 24 hours.
Note: Syrup may be stored in an airtight container up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
Over-the-Border Breakfast Sausage Wraps
Mixed Fruit With Vanilla-Apple Syrup
No doubt about it, our breakfast recipes are some of the most popular and most requested. Considering our readers' fondness for Southwestern flavors and their nutrition savvy, I found it a no-brainer to select this great wrap. It will be just as welome at lunch or dinner. (Serves 6)
Go to Full Version ofsl - Better-for-You Breakfast Menu