A glorious May afternoon and the company of friends and family set the stage for a memorable meal to savor outdoors.
With some smart planning, you can have most of the work done before guests arrive.
Up to 1 week ahead:
• Make the sorbet.
Up to 2 days ahead:
• Make and refrigerate relish for halibut.
• Blanch haricots verts and toast nuts for salad.
The day before:
• Prepare onion mixture and shred cheese for pizza.
• Cube melon.
2 hours before dinner:
• Bring pizza dough to room temperature.
• Assemble melon skewers; refrigerate on serving platter. Make drizzle.
1 hour before:
• Light the grill.
• Roll out pizza dough.
• Take relish out of refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature.
• Spoon sorbet into dessert bowls and keep in freezer.
30 minutes before:
• Grill the zucchini and red onion, and finish with seasonings.
• Make dressing for salad, and toss.
As guests arrive:
• Pour drizzle over melon skewers.
• Grill pizza.
Just before serving:
• Grill halibut.