Be the first to rate it
Photo: Greg Dupree; Styling: Missie Neville Crawford
- 1/2 pound purchased whole wheat pizza dough
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon plain yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons Arugula Pesto
- Desired toppings (see below)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Let dough stand at room temperature 20 minutes. Coat a 12-inch cast-iron skillet with vegetable oil, and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- 2. Stretch or roll dough out, and arrange in skillet, gently stretching edges to cover bottom and sides of skillet. Cook over medium heat 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and spread with Arugula Pesto. Add desired toppings; sprinkle with cheese. Brush edges of dough with olive oil.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 18 minutes or until browned.
- Try These Toppings Cooked ground turkey sausage, sliced red onion, and sliced sweet mini bell peppers Roasted butternut squash, sliced shallots, sun-dried tomatoes, and fresh sage Mozzarella cheese slices, plum tomato slices, and basil Thinly sliced potatoes, mushrooms, and fontina cheese