- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 (15.5 oz.) cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 smoked pork chop or 2 smoked ham hocks
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Warm olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
- Scrape onions and garlic into a slow cooker. Add beans, pork chop, broth, 1 cup water and thyme and cook on low heat for 4 to 5 hours, until beans are tender, adding more water during cooking if necessary.
- Discard thyme sprigs. Remove pork chop and shred meat. Return meat to soup. Season with salt and pepper, and then serve.
- Calories: 513
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 38g
- Carbohydrate: 51g
- Fiber: 11g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- Sodium: 657mg