Photo: Jennifer Davick; Stylist: Linda Hirst
- 8 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 1/2 cups white tequila
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur (such as Triple Sec)
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup Simple Syrup
- 1 to 2 jalapeño peppers, thinly sliced
- Cracked ice
- Garnishes: fresh jalapeño slices, watermelon wedges
- 1. Puree watermelon, in batches, in a blender or food processor. Pour puree through a wire-mesh strainer, pressing with the back of a spoon; discard pulp and seeds.
- 2. Combine watermelon liquid, tequila, and next 4 ingredients in a large pitcher. Cover and chill 1 hour (longer for a stronger pepper flavor). Serve over ice. Garnish, if desired.