Enjoy a small portion of this salad as a hearty side, or load up your plate for a filling main dish portion. Served warm or at room temperature, this potato salad recipe features smoked trout highlighted with dry vermouth, fresh lemon juice, and a little horseradish.
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup dry vermouth
- 2 scallions, minced
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons bottled horseradish
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 pound smoked trout, skinned and flaked
Other: 10 Minutes
- Heat the potatoes to boiling in enough lightly salted water to cover. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes or until the potatoes feel tender when poked with a skewer. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the vermouth, scallions, vinegar, lemon juice, and olive oil. Stir in the horseradish and parsley. Fold in the hot potatoes and trout. Serve warm or at room temperature. Can be made up to 2 days ahead.
- Calcium: 29mg
- Calories: 216
- Calories from fat: 0%
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Fat: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 1mg
- Protein: 11mg
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Sodium: 23mg