Photo: John Autry; Styling: Mindi Shapiro Levine
- 1 1/2 pounds new potatoes
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 bacon slices, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 10 ramps
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes (about 8 radishes)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Place potatoes in a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish, and drizzle with 3 tablespoons water. Cover with foil and bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until tender. Remove the foil, and cool for 15 minutes. Halve potatoes.
- 3. Combine olive oil, vinegar, and mustard in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove bacon from pan using a slotted spoon, reserving drippings in pan. Increase heat to medium-high. Place potatoes cut sides down in pan; cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Place potatoes in a medium bowl.
- 4. Remove and discard roots and outer leaves from ramps; rinse and drain ramps. Pat ramps dry. Thinly slice bulb ends and leaves crosswise to measure 1/2 cup. Add the ramps, bacon, and radishes to potatoes. Drizzle dressing over potato mixture, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss.
- Calories: 170
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 3.8g
- Carbohydrate: 21.2g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 223mg
- Calcium: 33mg