1. Pack split sandwich rolls or baguettes; Asian red chili paste; salad mix or shredded cabbage; sliced red onion; sliced cucumber; fresh cilantro; and deli meats such as ham or chicken.
2. Marinate 1 cup each matchstick-size pieces of peeled jicama and carrots in 1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar up to three days.
3. Pack fresh and pickled vegetables separately in zip-lock plastic bags.
1. Save leftover beef or chicken satay.
2. Layer rolls with leftover satay and/or deli meats, chili paste, cilantro, and vegetables. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.