- 4 large portobello mushroom caps
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomato
- 1/3 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1 cup fresh whole-grain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Place mushroom caps, gill sides up, on a rimmed baking sheet; drizzle with oil and vinegar, and season with salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bake until caps are just tender, about 10 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine tomato, olives, breadcrumbs, cheese, and chives in a medium bowl. Season with remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 4. Divide tomato mixture evenly (about 1/2 cup per mushroom) among portobello caps. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned and mushrooms are tender. Serve hot.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.Kathy Kingsley; Wine pairing by Andrea Immer Robinson, Health
- Calories: 189
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 457mg
- Calcium: 111mg